- IBPS Exam Information
- IBPS PO 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- IBPS PO Exam Pattern
- IBPS PO Exam Syllabus
- IBPS 2017 Exam Process of applying
- IBPS PO’s Important exam dates for the year 2017
IBPS Exam Information
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection also known as IBPS has been working since 1975, for the recruitment of bank employees at various posts. An autonomous body which conducts national level competitive examination for officer and clerk posts.
Currently, there are 27 public sector bank, 56 Regional Rural Banks and many other government sector banks as well as insurance companies in the country which releases notification for the filling of various vacant posts. The common written examination for clerk and officer level has begun from the year 2011. Lakhs of aspirants, who are willing to make their career in the banking sector, apply every year for the vacant posts.
At the regular intervals, IBPS conduct exams for the posts of PO’s, SO’s and Clerical grade. From filling the form to the release of the result, an applicant has to carry every process only through online mode. The IBPS set exams centers to different locations in every state for the convenience of the candidates. The conduct of exam is through online mode. The assessment exams organize in 4 different phases which are Prelim, Mains, Group discussion and personal Interview. Candidates have to qualify in each of these examinations.
- The general ratio for the selection of the candidates is 1:200.
- The questions are of objective type.
- It has five different options in the answer choices.
- The candidates have to select the correct option and mark it as their answer.
- For every correct answer, the candidates receive one mark. But for each wrong answer, the candidate loses 0.25 marks from his scores.
- Except for English questions, the candidate has the choice to view the questions in Hindi or English.
List of banks that accept IBPS or Common Written Examination
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- EXIM Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Any other Bank or Financial Institution
Exams for different cadres
- I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
- Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
- Law Officer (Scale I)
- Technical Officer (Scale I)
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
- Marketing Officer (Scale I)
- I.T. Officer (Scale-II)
- Law Officer (Scale II)
- Chartered Accountant (Scale II)
- Finance Executive (Scale II)
IBPS PO 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Probationary Officer, Clerk, and Specialist officer’s post is as follows
Eligibility Criteria for PO Clerk
- To apply for the post of clerk in the bank the candidate must have completed their graduation from any stream. There are no minimum marks required in their qualifying degree. The candidate can only fill the form after the announcement of their final year results, and they must own their certificates and mark sheets at the time of interview. The age of the candidate must lie between 20 to 28 years. Age relaxation to those candidates who belongs to different reserved categories as per the government rules and regulation. The candidates applied for this post must know the local language of the state they are applying for. Apart from this, the candidates should have proficient knowledge in working on computers.
Eligibility Criteria for Probationary officers
- The candidates must own a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university. For filling of the form, there is no minimum marks criteria set. The age criteria set for the candidates is 20 years and 30 years, as the minimum and maximum age respectively. Age relaxation of 3 to 10 years will be given to candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC, Ex-service man and disabled person.
Eligibility Criteria for Specialist officer
- The recruitment is for the IT/ Agriculture/ Law/ Marketing/ HR or Personnel Officers and Rajbhasha Adhikari posts. For the post of IT officer, the candidates must have completed four years of engineering degree or post-graduation in the stream of IT/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Telecommunication/ Instrumentation. Similarly, for Agricultural field officer, the candidates must have completed four years of engineering degree program in agriculture and allied sector. The candidate applying for Law officer should have a degree in L.L.B., along with the enrollment as an advocate in Bar councils. For the Marketing Officer post, a degree holder in any disciple with 2-year post graduation in the marketing. Similarly, to apply for the job of HR officer, the candidates should have a graduation degree and post-graduation diploma in labor management/ social work/ Industrial management/ personnel management.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
The process of written examination includes Prelim and Mains. The prelim exam is of objective type and comprises of three section. These three sections are English, maths, and reasoning which covers a total of 100 marks. Out of 100 marks, maths and reasoning section account for 35 marks each and the English section is of 30 marks. The candidate has to score above the cut-off mark in each section as well as the overall cut-off to proceed further to the next exam.
- The mains exam, however, has five section of different subjects which are English, maths, reasoning, banking awareness and computer knowledge.
- The total time allotted in the mains exam is 140 minutes. Earlier the time assigned for the mains exam was of two hours. There is a recent change in this process, and now each section separately holds a time window.
- All the section accounts for different marks. The maths and reasoning section holds 50 marks each, whereas the English and general awareness account for 40 marks separately. The computer section carries a total of 20 marks.
- In the case of a specialist officer, the main exam includes another section of their respective professional knowledge, apart from banking awareness section. For HR/IT/ Agriculture and Marketing officer it carries 50 marks, and for Rajbhasha Adhikari or law officer, it carries 80 marks. The time duration set to solve this section is 35 minutes.
Those who clear the above two examinations will further have to face group discussion and interview. The total marks set aside for this round is 100. The final selection of the candidates will be according to the merit list. The Institute releases a merit list, according to the scores candidates get in the mains examination and personal interview round. The weight age for the marks in mains and interview is in the ratio of 80:20. The minimum mark one has to score to clear interview round is 40% for general candidates and 35% for reserve category candidate.
IBPS PO Exam Syllabus
The number of candidates who apply to IBPS exams is quite high as compared to the number of vacancies. Hence, the candidate should prepare well to increase their chance of selection. Regular studies of five to six hours with time management skill ensure their success to these examinations. The syllabus for each of the section is as follows
- It includes topics such as Number system, Fractions, HCF and LCM, Decimals, Simplification, Time and work, Trains, Boats, Pipes and Cisterns, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound interest, Allegation and Mixtures, Probability, Permutation and Combination, Quadratic equations, Pie chart, Line graph, Bar graph.
- The topics which come in this section are Puzzles, Alphabets and Number series, Decision-making, Problem-solving, Blood relations, Logical Reasoning, Critical reasoning, sitting arrangements, Assumptions, Order, Ranking, Inequalities, and Syllogism.
- This section includes Reading Comprehension, Vocab knowledge, Basic knowledge of grammar, Jumbled paragraph, Fill in the blanks, Errors correction, Close test, Synonym, and Antonym.
- To prepare this topic well the candidates should regularly study English newspapers, the current affairs of last six months, countries along with their capital and currencies, awards and honors, books and their author, latest news about banking and financial sector, resignation, and appointments at authorities, sports news.
- The questions from different topics such as abbreviation, shortcut keys, MS Office especially MS Excel, MS power point and MS word, history, and future of computer, Internet, LAN, WAN and MAN, security from virus and male wares, different operating system.
IBPS 2017 Exam Process of applying
Before applying for any post, it is important that candidate should download the official notification from IBPS website and through it. The candidate can only fill the form through online mode. The candidate should first scan their image and signature to fill the form. These soft copies of image and signature must fulfill the required criteria of size and format as mention in the guidelines of IBPS.
- For filling of form first, the candidate should open the official website of IBPS.
- Click on the option of apply online on its career page.
- Click on new Registration to register yourself. Fill your full name, email address and phone number in the space given.
- Crosscheck your details and click on submit option to complete your registration process.
- You will now receive a message on your phone, which mentions your registration number and password. With the use of this information log in again to fill the form. After logging, fill all the field that are marked as mandatory.
- This includes your educational detail, permanent and corresponding address, Aadhar card number, PAN number, details regarding your previous job.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- The last step is of payment. You can pay through credit card, debit card or through net banking. The general amount charged is Rupees 600 including additional service tax.
- Once you fill the form completely, take its print out or save it in the form of soft copy on your PC or laptop.
- Normally, the admit card of any IBPS exams releases within a month or two.
- To open and download yours admit card, you must know your registration ID. The institute conducts pre-exam training for the minority and disables.
Application fee for IBPS PO 2017
- All the payment for the application should be done in online mode only.
- For candidates excluding SC/ST/PWD, fees is Rs.600/-
- For SC/ST/PWD category, Rs.100/-
IBPS PO’s Important exam dates for the year 2017
The institute of Banking Personnel Selection released its tentative calendar a few days ago. Like every year, this year also the exam is going to hold around the months of September, October, November, December, January and February. The year exam begins with clerk and officer level exams of the regional rural bank. After it, clerk and probationary officer exam of public sector banks are going to start. The last examination which IBPS will conduct is the Specialist officer. Although these dates are tentative and there may occur some changes to this. The given is the list of exams, and it’s the corresponding date which IBPS has released.
RRB CWE VI
The RRB is going to conduct exams for office assistant, Officer level I, Officer level II and Officer level III. The preliminary exam for Office Assistant and Officer level I will organize on 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd and 24th September. The mains exam will conduct on 5th and 12th November for officer scale I and office assistant respectively. The exam for Officer Scale II and Officer Scale III will commence on 5th of November.
For Public Sector Bank PO and Clerk: The Preliminary Exam for Probationary Officer post will commence on 7th,8th,14th, and 15th of October and the mains exam on 26th of November. For Clerk post, the schedule of preliminary exam is on 2nd,3rd, 9th, and 10th of December. The Main Exam will commence on 21st of January of the next year.
Specialist officer CWE
The preliminary for the specialist officer will conduct on 30th and 31st of December and the mains on 28th of January 2018.
The registration process will start one month before the commencement of exam. IBPS has not announced the final date.
IBPS 2017 PO Exam Important Dates Table
|Events of the Test||Date|
|Online Registration process||July to August 2017|
|Application Fee payment||July to August 2017|
|Downloading Call letters for Pre-Exam training||Sep-17|
|Call Letters for Preliminary Exam||Sep-17|
|Preliminary Exam Date||Oct-17|
|Results of Preliminary Exam||Oct-17|
|Call Letter for Main Exam||Oct-17|
|Results of Main Exam||Nov-17|
|Downloading the call letters for Interview||Dec-17|