IBPS, also known as the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is a self-governing organization, which conduct examination for the filling of vacant posts in government regulated banks and financial institution. It mainly conducts recruitment for the clerical and officer grade. Every year it releases exam notification for thousands of vacancies in the Banking sector. Many aspirants willing to work in banking sector especially in government banks apply to these posts when the notification is out. IBPS has released the tentative schedule for this year exams. The exams are going to start from this year September for which candidates can register and apply from July.
How to crack IBPS Exam (Guaranteed Success Strategies and Tips)
As the IBPS exams are heading this year students are busy with their preparation. The stiffness of the competition is better understood by the general ratio of a number of students selected to the number of students applied for these exams i.e. 1:200. The written exam is organized in two phases, Prelims and mains. The duration of prelim exam is one hour and has three sections English, Maths, and Reasoning. The time set for mains exams is of two hours. It has five sections, English, Maths, Reasoning, Banking Awareness, and Computer. Those candidates who score more than the cut-off marks in prelims goes for mains. After clearing Mains, the candidates have to face personal interview or group discussion.
Following are some tips which will give an edge to your preparation.
- Start taking mock tests at least one month prior the exams. Mock test will help you greatly in preparing with exam interference and aware you about your weaknesses and strength.
- Learn how to save time while solving questions. Learn shortcut tricks for quant and reasoning section. It will increase your speed. Also, you will be able to solve more questions.
- Practice each section as much as you can. The more you practice, the more it will boost your performance in exams.
- Read English newspaper and current affair magazine on a daily basis. It will enhance your general awareness and English comprehension skills.
- In exams attempts that section in which is your strength. Do not mark answers, until you are fully confident about your answer to avoid negative marks.
How to crack IBPS PO exam in the first attempt?
To crack IBPS PO in the first attempt is a dream of lakhs of aspirants in the country. Although the competition is challenging, still it is possible to succeed in the first attempt and that too without joining any coaching. For this, first of all, you should be aware of the latest exam pattern and the syllabus of every section. If you are serious about clearing this exam, you should start your preparation at least six months prior the exam, studying four to six hours daily. Give equal attention to every section. Here is the section-wise preparation strategy that you should follow.
If English is your weak point, it is better that you focus only on clearing the cut-offs. Revise the basic rules of grammars with which you can accurately solve questions from spotting errors and fill in the blanks. To increase your reading speed, make a regular habit of reading English newspapers. Do not forget to note down the tough words along with its meaning.
Reasoning is one of the tough section, but it is also the most scoring in bank exams. To score high in this section, focus on solving questions related to blood-relations, direction sense, inequalities, and syllogism, before moving to puzzles, setting arrangement, and other paragraph related questions.
keep shortcut tricks and formulas at your fingertips. Set a timer when practicing for quant problems. Try to invest two-three hours daily in your practice work. Read the questions well before you attempt it.